A couple of words on my holidays.
- Eating soup from a sourdough breadbowl in Fisherman’s Wharf / San Francisco, such delight
- Skiing in Colorado is magnificent; ultrawide slopes, groomed to perfection
- I broke my collarbone, fortunately there are no pictures of this event
- The Rosa-family, thanks for the stay and wonderful times
- Rocky Mountains national park
- I tried to park the car in the garage, but it had slipped my mind the door was still closed…
This partial is from an online competition, the BBO Intercity League. All vulnerable I open 3 and everybody is fine with that. LHO starts with a and dummy comes down.
East takes the trick with the King and switches to a for West’s Ace. I take the Queen and now I had my bright moment: I ruffed the third from dummy. I couldn’t go astray anymore, for this was the complete deal:
When East was in with the third round of trumps he was stripped from his safe exits and I didn’t need to find the Queen of myself. It didn’t gain much, but I’m still happy with my eye for detail on the right moment.